Thursday, May 28, 2009

Disneyland - Day Five

So today we got a chance to say "Goodbye" to Disneyland. I still think the 5-Day Park Hopper was a great idea, but it was a lot of Disney. I expected Marina to be sick of it all. During the day she said she wanted to go home. Then she'd say she never wanted to leave. Go figure.

It was great timing for Marina to have her princess makeover, or so I thought. She wouldn't even go into the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique with me. So I wondered if we should forget it. But eventually, she stopped sulking and followed me in. They were running a bit behind, so Marina picked out the Jasmine costume while we waited. It was so cute, it even jingled when she walked. When it was finally her turn, she put the costume on and sat in the stylist's chair. She chose everything in blue to go with her costume - even the hair extension. The stylist we had, Kathy, seemed spend a long time brushing her hair, something Marina hates. But she endured it like a princess should. While her hair was being arranged, another stylist, Danielle, put make up and nail polish on her. She loved that! All the time, everyone called her "Princess." She looked so cute when she was done. She even got a mini photo session where she posed with a carriage. She often calls our car a "carriage," so I'm sure a real one was exciting.

We were both starving after that, so I picked up a turkey leg on Main Street for us to split. Marina really loved that. (In fact, she wanted one for dinner as well.) We hadn't been to Adventureland for a few days, so we went back there. We visited the Enchanted Tiki Room and the Jungle Cruise again. On the Jungle Cruise, we met a mother with her two year-old. She told me her daughter was very excited because she thought Marina was Jasmine. So cute!

Marina told me she wanted a drink with ice cream in it. I finally figured out she wanted a milkshake. Turns out, you can't get a milkshake at Disneyland. We checked California Adventure with no luck. So Marina settled for chocolate ice cream with sprinkles. While we were there, we checked out the Playhouse Disney show. Marina really enjoyed it.

Marina wanted to ride It's A Small World again, so we went back to Disneyland. We went through Fantasyland riding all of her favorite rides: Dumbo, King Arthur's Carousel, the Storybook Boats. When Marina said she was ready to leave, I had her say goodbye to everything including Sleeping Beauty's Castle, the rides, her favorite display windows. I hoped it would help her understand that our vacation was over.

At the hotel, she wanted to go swimming again. A good way to relax and get ready to go home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment