Friday, May 21, 2010

Field Day

Today was Field Day at Marina's school. There were quite a few fun activities set up for th kids. They started off with a relay race and obstacle course, followed by the Frisbee toss and tug-o-war. They used a four way rope, I'd never seen one like that before. But Marina was happy to be on the winning team.

The parent involvement started after the potato sack race. The kids were supposed to run the three-legged race with their parent. However, one of her friends whose parents were not there convinced Marina to race with her. I didn't take it personally.


The water balloon toss was set up for adults and kids. Marina's friend partnered with a middle school volunteer. I was impressed with the catches Marina made. We made it pretty far into the competition.

The activities concluded with popsicles for the kids. I think that was Marina's favorite part.

No comments:

Post a Comment