Saturday, November 6, 2010

New Discoveries

We'd hadn't been to the Museum of Nature and Science for a while and Marina was anxious to go for another visit. So we went today. We started at our usual exhibits, health and dinosaurs.

Marina wasn't too excited when I suggested we check out the new Amazon exhibit, but I insisted. It was a great exhibit, filled with information about the many species that live near the Amazon river. Marina was particularly fascinated by the details about pirahanas. There were many interactive exhibits including a giant snake and a stage where kids could dress up and do a "fish dance." Marina had great fun with all of it.

We checked out an IMAX 3D show, "Under the Sea." It was fun and I could see Marina reaching out to grab the fish that seemed to be right in front of us.

After the show, we went back into the Amazon exhibit. Then we went to Marina's favorite parts of the Museum, the animal dioramas and the Native American exhibits. It was a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment