Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fun in the Sun

I took Marina to the amusement park for the day. I was surprised at how long it took me to get her out the door. But once we left, she couldn't get there soon enough. As usual, she wanted her face painted. We had to wait a bit this time. While she had it done, I made her promise to try the river raft water ride today. She readily agreed. We rode a spinning ride and then we went on the ferris wheel.

Next, she wanted to ride the roller coaster in the kid's area. She rode it several times before the line got long. Then she wanted to ride the bumper cars. Again, since the line wasn't very long, she went on it several times before moving on. She wanted to ride some rides we tried on our last visit. At that point, we were near river raft ride, so she decided it was time to try that. The line was somewhat long, but I wanted to try the ride while she was ready. During the wait, she acted a bit nervous. However, once we got on, she forgot her fear. She screamed the whole way – in a good way. At the end, she said, “Let's do that again!” We did, but later in the day.

We went back to the kid's area where we saw a show – The Hip Hopsicles. They invited the kids on stage several times and Marina was happy to go. I was surprised at how nervous she seemed while she was there though. After the show, she hit the kid rides she missed and the roller coaster again.

Marina wanted to stay for fireworks, but we'd already been at the park for 10 hours. She wasn't happy about leaving, but she fell asleep in the car on the way home. I knew she was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment