Marina and I went to the New Year's Eve party at the Aquarium today. Marina wore her Ariel costume which is much like the one Ariel wears at Disneyland and Disney World. After all, what would Ariel wear to a New Year's Eve party?
When we arrived, she had a quick hello with the mermaids before we got our dinner. While we ate, there was entertainment. Marina was selected to help the MC with a juggling act. There were games like freeze dance and a limbo contest. Marina did pretty well in both.
Once the entertainment was over, the DJ started to play dance music and all the kids jammed the dance floor. Marina wanted me to join her for a while. I taught her how to do the YMCA arm movements correctly. I'm not sure she believed that I learned when I was her age!At the end of the party they had a countdown and balloon drop. Everyone got a glass of sparkling cider for a toast. A huge sheet of bubble wrap was laid on the floor and the kids had a field day stomping on it to the sounds of "Auld Lang Syne."

After the party, we went through the aquarium exhibit. Marina was very disappointed that we missed the last mermaid show. But we still enjoyed seeing our favorite parts of the Aquarium. The stingrays were particularly feisty, so Marina spent longer than usual checking them out.
After an hour, we were both tired, so we headed home for our usual CNN ball dropping party.
No comments:
Post a Comment