Friday, March 1, 2013

Giant Adventure

When we saw Escape From Planet Earth a last week, we saw a preview for Jack the Giant Slayer. Marina said she wanted to see it. I said we could go, but then found out it's rated PG-13. Marina has seen movies with that rating before, but very few and ones I had already watched. Seeing one in the theater was a whole new experience. I asked Marina if she still wanted to see it and that is might be scarier than most movies she's seen. She still wanted to go.

Today was a day off from school. so I left work after lunch and we went to the movies. We were able to see the 3D version, always Marina's preference.

I discovered quickly that the previews for PG-13 movies are much more adult themed than what we usually see. However, Marina seemed to be unaffected. The director of Jack the Giant Slayer showed great restraint but it was still intense in scenes. Marina's maturity impressed me. After the movie, I asked her what she thought. She really liked it. I guess my worries were for nothing. She's growing up faster than I'd like to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment