Saturday, September 14, 2013

Splurging on Saige

Marina has wanted to get the American Girl doll of the Year, Saige, since she first learned about her on January 1. I’ve been selling some of our old things on ebay lately and Marina has been cooperative in the effort. So I told her we were going to “splurge.” I asked her last night if she would like to get Saige tomorrow. She looked stunned and asked me, “Did you say what I think you said?” She was so excited she didn’t want to go to sleep.

This morning Marina wanted to wear her Saige dress. It didn’t take long for me to get her going this morning. When we arrived at the American Girl Store she headed straight for the Saige display and got a doll off the shelf. I asked her if that was the doll she wanted and she said yes. She didn’t even want to look around, she just wanted to check out. So we headed to the register. Before I even paid for her, the cashier took Saige out of the box for Marina. She was so happy. Once Saige was paid for, then Marina decided she wanted to look around. She still has a long list of things she wants from there.

We went to lunch at a "doll friendly" restaurant nearby. Saige sat with us while we ate. Marina was really hungry now that her excitement had worn off a bit. After lunch we went to the Disney Store, the Lego Store and the brand new Build a Bear. Marina was dying to create a bear, but I reminded her that she got an American Girl doll today. She ended up helping a girl she met create one instead.

We stopped for milkshakes on the way home. We drank them outside because it was such a beautiful day. However, that changed shortly after we got home. Marina set Saige up in the salon chair and was brushing her hair when a rainstorm began. It was heavy rain and hail. At times it got a bit scary. Marina held Saige and McKenna closely to her until it let up. Quite a lot of excitement for one day.





No comments:

Post a Comment