Friday, October 31, 2014

Pumpkin Pals

We've had a very busy week and we hadn't carved our pumpkins for Halloween. I went out early to buy pumpkins and found the stores near our house were sold out. So I called around and found a store which had some but didn't expect them to last long. I headed there right away. The pumpkins they had left were huge, so I picked the two smallest ones which were much larger than what we usually get. But I was happy just to have pumpkins to carve.

Marina was also surprised at the size of the pumpkins, but she was excited to carve them. As usual, we had Disney designs for our pumpkins. We chose the Cheshire Cat and Olaf from Frozen. Marina would have rather done Alice in Wonderland or Anna and Elsa, but we didn't have stencils for those.

Marina and I worked together to clean out the pumpkins. She started on Olaf and I worked on the Cheshire Cat. We switched and I ended up carving the eyes and Marina did the mouths. She also did a great job on Olaf's nose. Ultimately we were happy with our pumpkins!





No comments:

Post a Comment