Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Lights at the Zoo

Every year it is a challenge to do all the Christmas activities we want to do. Marina and I love going to see the Zoo Lights, so I thought we'd try to go after school today.

It took longer for us to get there than I thought it would. I stopped to do an errand and a man I met suggested a deli near the zoo for dinner. So we decided to try it out. It turned out to be a tiny market. Our sandwiches were wonderful, so it was worth the trip!

We arrived just as the Zoo Lights opened up. It was not at all crowded which was surprising considering the weather was so warm. We got hot chocolate and headed out to see the lights. This year the lights were set an a pathway which was easy to follow, so we were sure to see our favorite animals.

Partway through we found the tent with Santa. The line wasn't long, so we decided to see him. The line moved quickly and Marina got her chance to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas.

After seeing Santa, we went about the rest of the journey. We stopped to see the pachyderms and the tropical animals along the way.

Once we got through the entire zoo we saw that the crowds we had expected arrived later than we did. We felt so glad we got there early.

No comments:

Post a Comment