Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Coppelia

Over the years, Marina and I have developed a love for ballet. One classic show we haven’t seen is Coppelia. We saw a local theater was presenting the show and we decided to go. Since we saw Swan Lake on a weekday and it went fine, we decided it would be okay to do again.

Marina decided she wanted to be very dressed up for the show, so she wore her black velvet dress. I was surprised that she didn’t want to bring an American Girl doll since the show is about a doll.

We’d never seen a performance by this group, it turns out they are an advanced dance academy. The youngest dancers were around Marina’s age and the principal roles were played by professional dancers

We both enjoyed the show. It’s not often we get to see a ballet from seats so close to the stage! The story was simple and many of the dance pieces did not advance the story. Marina loved the show. I think she particularly liked the idea of a doll coming to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment