
Marina and I didn't have plans for lunch today, so I suggested we have high tea. She was very enthusiastic about that idea. I made reservations for us at a small British shoppe suggested by a friend. Marina dressed up, including a pretty hat. She also brought Grace along in a matching dress.
When we arrived we saw our table was reserved. We started by picking out our tea. I got butterscotch flavor and Marina picked chocolate orange. Marina enjoyed hers once enough sugar was added. We enjoyed all the British memorabilia around the store, including a cut out Queen Elizabeth.

We started our tea with a nice salad. Then we were brought cucumber sandwiches, egg salad and sausage rolls. It was a lot of food and despite eating as much as we could there was plenty left over. Then we each enjoyed a scone with clotted cream and jam. We finished off with French pastries. Marina happily devoured a rich chocolate one.
As we ate, we chatted with our server who was born in England. We asked her about traditional English tea and the royal family gossip. It was a lovely way to have lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment