Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine Concert

When Marina was three, I took her to see pre Broadway tryout of The Little Mermaid. The actress playing the role of Ariel was Sierra Boggess. A few years later, we saw Sierra perform in the 25th anniversary of The Phantom of the Opera. When I saw Sierra was scheduled to sing with the Colorado Symphony, I thought she would enjoy the concert.

The concert was earlier than we are used to. We arrived just in time to find our seats before the show began. Our seats were in the front row, directly in front of Sierra. Marina was impressed. The show was filled with songs from musicals. Marina was most interested in the songs from Disney and The Phantom of the Opera. The rest of the concert didn’t seem as interesting to her.

Once the show was over, we headed home and had a special Valentine’s Day dinner at home. Then we shared a box of chocolates for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment