Sunday, September 25, 2016

Evita

Evita is one of my favorite musicals. I was very excited when I saw it on the dinner theater schedule. It's a show for more mature audiences, but I felt Marina was old enough to see it. We decided to go with some of our friends today after church.

On the drive to the theater, Marina read the entire way. She had her latest Dork Diaries book with her. When we arrived she was very hungry which made her grumpy. It took some convincing to get her to eat, but once she did, she perked up.

As we ate lunch, I told everyone the story of Eva Peron, the subject of the show. They all seemed very interested. From the time the show started, Marina was completely caught up in the action. She liked the big dance sequences. But most of all, she liked Che, the narrator.

At intermission, Marina was happy with her dessert She also tried mine. After we finished dessert we settled in for Act 2. When the show was over, we all talked about what we liked about the show. We were disappointed that none of the principal actors were available for photos afterward. We did get one with our waiter who was part of the ensemble and had also been in Footloose, which we saw last month. We had a long drive home and Marina continued to read her book in the car. She has been quite a bookworm lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment