
Marina and I have been attending the ballet for a long time, but we have never attended the Masterworks series. This year they were offering
Serenade and
The Firebird which sounded interesting. So we decided to check it out. We invited Angie, who loves the ballet. Marina wore lots of red sparkles today – she wanted to look like the Firebird.
Traffic was worse than expected, so Angie dropped Marina and I off so we could get to the theater. Once we arrived at the theater, I bought drinks and snacks for the show. Angie joined us just as the ballet began.

The first performance was Serenade. It was a beautiful sequence set to music by
Tchaikovsky. It was a pretty dance we all enjoyed. After the first intermission, we watched
Petite Mort – a more modern dance. Marina told me she liked the music. I told her it was written by Mozart.
After the second intermission was the dance Marina was most looking forward to –
The Firebird. We were thrilled to learn that Maria Mosina was dancing the lead role. It was her last performance before she planned to retire. We all enjoyed the fantasy storyline.

After the ballet was over, Marina Mosina received a standing ovation. As we clapped for her, a series of her colleagues came onstage and gave her flowers. It was such a special moment to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment