
I hadn’t made any plans for Mother’s Day this year. A few days ago I came across a special all ages show at a comedy club featuring comedian John Heffron. I saw him on
Last Comic Standing years ago and remembers he was very funny. Marina and I had never done anything like that before, so we decided to give it a try.
We arrived a bit early and we were shown to our seats. While we waited for the show to start we ordered drinks and some appetizers to munch on. The food was good and as we ate I explained to Marina what a comedy show was like.
We listened to the jokes by the host and two warm up acts before John Heffron, the headliner, came out. Throughout the show Marina paid attention and she laughed at most of the jokes.

After the show, she said she’d had fun. I was surprised that that John Heffron was in the lobby. We talked with him for a few minutes and took a picture with him. He was happy to hear Marina enjoyed the show because he admitted he was a bit nervous about the “all ages” concept.
It wasn’t a fancy Mother’s Day, but we enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment