Sunday, January 28, 2018

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

It’s been a while since we saw a show with some of our friends So, I invited them to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch with us today. I wasn’t very familiar with the show, but it was labeled a “punk rock musical.” So Marina dressed in her animal print dress.

We arrived at the theater early and settled into our seats. I wasn’t able to get four seats together, so Marina and her friend sat two seats away from her mother and I. I think they enjoyed that. We were all in the front row and we were told we’d be part of the show. That made Marina nervous.

The show was staged like a concert. It was loud and intense. There were funny moments but also sad and heartbreaking times as well. At the end of the show Marina told me she really liked it.

After the show ended, Marina wanted to meet both cast members. We’d seen both before in shows last year. The actress playing Yitzhak remembered meeting Marina and talked with us for a few minutes before meeting her family. The actor who played Hedwig we'd seen in two productions last year, but we had never met him before. He was very friendly as well.


After we got our photos, we went home. But not before making plans to hang out with our friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment