Friday, February 23, 2018

Nuggets Night

The Denver Nuggets were playing the San Antonio Spurs tonight. I bought tickets so Marina and I could go. When Marina learned they were giving away Nuggets beanies to the first 5,000 people, she wanted to leave early in hopes of getting one.

We ate a quick dinner at home after school and Marina changed into one of her Nugget’s shirts. We left a bit later than we had planned, but we made really good time on our way downtown. Marina was a bit disheartened when she saw how many people were going in to the Pepsi Center at the same time we were. But as it turned out, they still had plenty of beanies, so we each got one!

We were very early when we got to our seats, so we got up to get some snacks. I was shocked to find my wallet was missing. I decided to go to the car to see if it was there. I found it on the floor in front of the passenger seat, but it took me a while to leave the Pepsi Center and walk to the car and back. In that time Marina got nervous. She texted me a few times. So when I came back she looked very relieved.

When the game started, Marina paid very close attention. I spent more time explaining to her the rules of the game and what the statistics meant. The game itself was very entertaining. It was close throughout, but at the end the Nuggets pulled ahead and won the game.

We got caught in a bit of traffic, but it didn’t take us too long to get home. By them we were both tired and ready to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment