Saturday, May 18, 2019

Lea Salonga Concert

This evening, Marina and I had tickets to see Lea Salonga in concert. Marina knows her as the singing voice of Disney’s Jasmine and Mulan. I was concerned that she might be bored since she wasn’t familiar with much of the music being performed. However, the performances were so good that Marina stayed engaged the whole time. She was especially happy when she sang “Go the Distance” from Hercules and “Reflection” from Mulan. She finished the first act with “I’d Give My Life For You” from Miss Saigon.

After intermission, Lea performed “Burn” from Hamilton. Marina was thrilled. The highlight of the show was when she performed “A Whole New World” from Aladdin. Since it’s a duet, she asked for a volunteer from the audience to sing with her. The guy who she picked turned out to be a very good singer. After the concert we talked with the man who sang on stage. It was fun to hear how excited he was about the experience.

As the concert wrapped up, Lea Salonga thanked everyone for spending Saturday night with her. Marina called out “It’s the best way.” Lea heard and thanked her. As we were leaving, Marina asked me if we could see Miss Saigon when the tour comes to Denver. I told her I was already planning for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment