Thursday, February 27, 2020

Pagliacci

When I bought season tickets for the Opera Colorado season, I wasn’t sure if Marina would want to see Pagliacci. But when I explained the story to her she was excited to see it. The opening night was tonight and we had tickets to see it.

Initially, Marina didn’t want to dress up for the show. But when I suggested a black dress and a goth look, she liked that idea. Once she finished her hair and makeup, she was very pleased with how she looked.

We arrived with plenty of time for the show. As we walked through the lobby, we saw a photo booth. Marina put on a black fascinator and picked up a peacock fan to pose for photos. The woman taking the pictures loved how she looked.

We brought drinks and went to our seats for the show. When it finally started it was obvious early that the subtitles were not working. While we both watched carefully, it was hard to understand what was going on. At intermission, an older man asked us about the subtitles. Marina ended up talking with him and his wife through the entire intermission.

Fortunately the subtitles were working for the second act, so we were able to follow the story. After it was over, Marina said she liked it. We were able to get home fairly quickly after the show although Marina had a hard time settling down for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment