Monday, August 22, 2011

Starting Second Grade

Today was Marina’s first day of second grade! Where does the time go? She was very excited to start after meeting her teacher last week at the beginning of the year meet and greet. She’s actually in the same room as last year – they moved the second grade classrooms to the location where the first grade classrooms were.

She seemed excited at first, but she said her tummy hurt and she seemed tired. She didn’t want me to leave. I stayed for a few minutes to help her get settled. The teacher had the kids on the floor as she talked to them. Marina seemed to calm down, so I left.

After school, Marina was in a good mood. We saw her teacher in the parking lot and she told me Marina had been fine after I left and she had a good day. I was glad to hear it. I think this is going to be a great year for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment