Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Fairy Birthday

Marina's birthday is five days away, so we got ready for the big day by having her party today. She wanted a Silvermist party at the pool. (Silvermist is Tinkerbell's water fairy friend. They don't make Silvermist party supplies, so we stayed with a Disney Fairies theme. Marina was very pleased with her cake which I made with six fairies playing in a waterfall. Naturally, Silvermist was at the top.

We arrived at the pool a bit early to set up our tables. Marina couldn't wait to get in the water. She was excited when each of her friends showed up. They were so excited to get into the water. We had to make an effort to get them out to eat lunch.

On a scheduled break we had cake. The kids requested whether they wanted a piece with "grass" or waterfall" frosting.

The party was technically over at 2:00, but many kids stayed longer to play. Two hours later, after everyone else had gone home, I persuaded Marina to get out of the pool by telling her we could open presents at home. She was happy to do that!

At home she opened her presents and immediately started playing with them. I'm surprised she has the energy. I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment