Today was the first day of third grade for Marina. She was pretty excited. She wore a new dress and we stopped for donuts on the way to school. When we arrived at school, lots of kids and families were milling around. As we approached the door, Marina asked me if I could give her a hug and kiss and say goodbye there and let her go alone to her class. Is she at that stage already? I told her I wanted to go with her because it was the first day and pointed out all the other parents going with their kids. She consented to let me go with her.
A line had already formed for her class. Her teacher was greeting all the kids. Marina was happy to see her. As we waited for the bell to ring, We saw Marina's best friend approaching, Marina ran to meet her. Some of her other friends are in the other classes. At least they’ll get to see them at lunch. When the bell rang, Marina happily went with her class into the building. I can't believe she's in third grade already!
No comments:
Post a Comment