
Last month, the nature and science museum opened a new exhibit about the Mayan Empire. We've both been interested in seeing it, but couldn't make the time before today.
Unfortunately, we couldn't leave the house as early as we wanted to and when we arrived at the Museum, it was packed. So we made the Mayan Exhibit our first stop.

Marina didn't seem as interested in this exhibit as she was in the Pompeii exhibition. She did like the hands on activities. She pieced together a vase and created her Mayan name - Princess Flower. Her favorite part was easily the weaving. She also enjoyed creating a Mayan pattern with blocks.

After going through the exhibit, Marina wanted to see the Imax 3D movie
Jerusalem. I was surprised that she wanted to see that one, but I went ahead and got the tickets. As it turned out, Marina wasn't even really sure where Jerusalem was. But as we watched the documentary, she exclaimed, "This is better than I expected" and "I feel like I'm really in Jerusalem." I think she learned a bit about Judaism and Muslims, but she also seemed to draw closer to our Christian faith as well. We were both impressed by the film.
No comments:
Post a Comment