Friday, July 17, 2015

Kurios

Marina has been interested in seeing a performance of Cirque du Soleil for some time. So this time through I made sure to get tickets. The show was Kurios, Cabinet of Curiosities. I wasn't sure what the show was about and I hoped we would enjoy it.

The performance was in a large tent. Even the decor outside made us feel like we were entering another world. We were excited that our seats were much closer than what we expected.

Before the show began some of the performers wandered around the stage and even through the audience. The show opening had a train of musicians traveling through the audience. Marina leaned over to me and said, "Thank you for bringing me here!"

Each element of the show thrilled and amazed us both. One balancing act left us breathless and we were awed by the trampoline acrobatics. Marina repeatedly said, "That's so cool!" and "He's crazy!"

During intermission we walked around the tent and browsed the gift shop. Marina had fun trying on various masks and hats.

The second act was as exciting as the first. After the show was over, I asked Marina what her favorite part was. She answered, "Everything!"

No comments:

Post a Comment