Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday at the Gardens

The botanic gardens have a corpse flower named Stinky that is expected to bloom in the next week. The last time that happened, the wait to smell it was hour along. They are expecting it to bloom again in a about a week. I have no desire to wait in a line like that, but I was interested in seeing it. So we decided to go to the gardens today.

Our first stop was the orangery where Stinky was front and center. It is huge! After we took a look, we went strolling through the rest of the gardens. One of Marina’s favorites is the Japanese garden. She likes looking at the bonsai trees and koi fish.

Nearby was a pond that was full of blooming lily pads. It was very pretty! We also walked through a garden that was full of edible plants. We saw some cabbage like plants that Marina and I thought looked like Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.

We went through the American gardens where Marina walked up a small hill by a waterfall and told me it was her favorite place there. The rose garden was absolutely spectacular with roses of every color blooming. I couldn’t remember a time when I have seen the botanic gardens looking so beautiful. Not only did we see flowers of every kind blooming, we also found berries growing in many places.

It was a hot day, so we decided to walk by Stinky one more time and go home. We walked through the tropical greenhouse on our way. That is always fun to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment