Friday, March 8, 2019

A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder

Last year, Marina performed the song “Why are all the D'Ysquiths Dying?” from the musical A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder in her Broadway Showcase class. I saw it was on a local theater’s schedule this year, so I was sure Marina would want to see it. When I found out her Broadway Showcase teacher was in the cast, I knew we had to see it! Marina wore her Victorian inspired costume for the show.

Marina was very excited to see the show tonight. She was even willing to smile for photos before it started. We arrived early and bought drinks and Marina picked out a snack. We were able to get seats in the center of the second row.

There was a delay for the start of the show due to technical problems. Marina got a bit restless but she kept herself occupied by reading the program from cover to cover. We ended up waiting about fifteen minutes until it began. The show was dark but very funny. Her teacher played a whole group of characters and it was fun to watch him change from one to another. Marina loved the show.

At the end of the performance, we waited to talk to her teacher. He recognized Marina and gave her a big hug. He spent a few minutes talking with us. We met the actors playing Monty and Phoebe. After our conversations with the actors, we went home. We both enjoyed the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment