A theater near our house was presenting
The Snow Queen and I immediately thought Marina would enjoy it. We had read the original story before seeing
Frozen last year. However, the movie wasn't much like the story. This version I figured would be closer to the original.
Marina didn't sleep well last night so she was tired and a bit grumpy. I convinced her to take Periwinkle, the winter fairy doll. That seemed to help her cheer up.

We went to a daytime performance which was filled with school groups. We didn't have to wait long for the show to start. The production was much like the original story. Marina enjoyed the quirky characters including the white fox, talking flowers, princess and, of course, the Snow Queen.
Once the show was over, the cast lined up in the lobby. Marina made a beeline for the Snow Queen. She had a nice chat with her. Marina also made a point of speaking with the actors playing the white fox and the princess.
On the way home, Marina told me how glad she was we came to the show. I'm glad we found a way to cheer her up.
No comments:
Post a Comment