Saturday, November 11, 2017

Cinderella Opera

The first opera I took Marina to see was Cinderella when she was seven. That was a long time ago and since then she has developed a love for opera. Today we had tickets to see a local touring production of Cinderella. I thought it would be fun to see it again. Marina chose to wear her Cinderella inspired dress with sparkly jewelry.

We wanted to arrive at the theater early since it was a general admission event and we hoped to have good seats. Marina wanted to sit as close to the front as possible but I convinced her to go back a few rows.

The show was a one hour abridged version, which was fine with us. The performance was in English, which made following it much easier than traditional opera. We all enjoyed watching it.

After the show was over, there was a short question and answer period. We had hoped to get a picture with the performer playing Cinderella, but she didn’t stick around for very long. So we headed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment