Friday, November 17, 2017

Rent

Two weeks ago, Marina and I saw the opera La Boheme. I knew the musical Rent was based on this opera and the 20th anniversary tour opened this week. I thought it would be interesting to see them both close to each other. We invited her aunt to come with us since Rent is her favorite musical.

We met up early to try and avoid rush hour. We didn’t succeed in that, but fortunately we had plenty of time to get there. Once we arrived at the theater we got drinks and settled into our seats. Marina sat by her aunt during the show.

Since I wasn’t sitting by Marina, I couldn’t see her reactions but afterwards she said she really liked it. She and I talked about the similarities to La Boheme. I had to explain a few things about the storyline, but she picked up on much of it on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment